Any CompTIA Certification Exam that contains the suffix “ce” (stands for continuing education) is valid for about three years from the day you took the exam. It is only if the certification is restricted to one exam to complete if there are two exams as in A+ (220-901 & 220-902) Certification case, the second exam’s date will be considered the start of 3 years retirement period.
It should be noted that you will still be certified for the certification exam if you have passed the test regardless of the time CompTIA retired the exam. Your certification will still be valid for three years even if the exam was taken just a month before its retirement. For example, you took an exam, let’s just say in May and the exam retires in June you will still be certified for another 3 years to come even though all this time the exam will no longer exist in testing centers as it got replaced by the current version.
Following are some exam codes of the big 3 CompTIA Certifications with their launch & retirement dates:
CompTIA Exam Launch & Retirement Dates:
• The CompTIA A+ce – (220-901 & 220-902) Certification Exams retires after three years from their release date. They were launched on 15th December so will stay current till the start of 2019. The grace period offered by CompTIA makes it available till July 2019. You can get 220-901 Dumps from Dumpsadviser.com
• The CompTIA A+ce Core 1 and Core 2 (220-1001 & 220-1002) Certification Exams will launch in 2019 on 15th January so the exams retirement will be three years and grace period for six months. That becomes sometime near the summer of 2022.
• The CompTIA Network+ce N10-006 (pro) & JK0-023 (academic) Certification Exams were released in 2015 on 28th February. It eventually retired in 2018 on 31st August.
• The CompTIA Network+ce N10-007 (pro) Certification Exam was released this year in March and will be retired in the fall of 2021. If you want to pass your CompTIA N10-007 Exam then you can get Free CompTIA N10-007 Dumps from here: https://www.dumpsadviser.com/N10-007-dumps.html
• The CompTIA Security+ce SY0-401 & JK0-22 (academic) Certification Exams were launched in May of 2014. So they retired in 2018 on 31st July.
• The CompTIA Security+ce. SY0-501 Certification Exam was launched in 2017 on 4th October and will retire in the spring of 2021. If you want to pass your Sy0-501 Exam You can get CompTIA SY0-501 Dumps From here: https://www.dumpsadviser.com/SY0-501-dumps.html
So there you have it the list of exams for the big 3 CompTIA certification that already has or is about to be retired in the near future.
Before 1st January 2011 any candidate who took and passed the exam was certified for life it was only after that time that the CompTIA issued three-year retirement policy and now candidates need to retake the same or equivalent exam to renew his/her certification.
Following is the certification order for the exams from lowest to highest established by CompTIA:
3 Alternatives for Renewing Your CompTIA “Ce” Certification:
The first thing you can do is just simply retake the exam paying the whole fee. But let us tell you two more ways for the renewal of your CompTIA Certification Exams.
You can either fulfill the requirements of CompTIA “ce” Certification (this actually cost a tiny bit less than the first way) or if you have more than one certifications from the list above, you can just renew your highest certification and the other lower two will be renewed on their own.